Geek Girl Tech Conference 2014
Top 10: Personal Branding
- Set clear goals on what you want to achieve (dream job, type of clients, etc.)
- Rome wasn't built in one day, neither will your personal brand. Take it one day at a time.
- Give to give, not give to get. Help others. It's not about you, it's about them. Always add value.
- Focus on topics related to your personal brand. Keep your brand consistent across all social media platforms.
- Use the 4-1-1 posting method.
- Don't drink and tweet. Or text. Or post to social media under the influence. Exercise good judgment when posting personal opinions and photos.
- You are what you read.
- Be visible, stay top of mind.
- Find one area of your personal brand to improve weekly.
- Nurture your connections and take it off-line.